Frequently Asked Questions
Please note: if we have not answered a question in our Frequently Asked Questions, please ensure you ask one of our friendly staff and they will answer the question for you, or if they do not know the answer, they will get back to you.
Does the type of residence determine whether I will receive a refund? If so, how is this refund calculated?
Yes & No. This is determined on the option structure you choose as part of your in-going contribution (bond) you paid. For example:
- Option 1 - Independent & Assisted Living Accommodation - You will be refund will be the balance after the retention fee (calculated at 7% daily for a maximum of 4 years) is deducted in accordance with your contract.
- Option 2 - Independent Living Accommodation - No refund is applicable.
- Option 3 - Independent Living Accommodation - You will be refunded the balance after the retention fee (calculated at 3.5% daily for a maximum of 4 years) is deducted in accordance with your contract.
- Option 4 - Independent Living Accommodation - The full in-going contribution will be paid in accordance with your contract.
What is Assisted Living?
Assisted living is for seniors who wish to live independently however are unable to undertake the normal daily tasks like cooking and cleaning without support. At Inasmuch Retirement Village our assisted living apartments are located in Russ Murray Lodge, located on the grounds of the Inasmuch Retirement Village.
Can I Come & Go as I please if I live in Russ Murray Lodge
Absolutely. Assisted living gives you just as much independence as if you were living in your own home, so you are able to undertake all the normal activities you enjoy and/or want to participate in as part of our beautiful township. The only difference between our assisted living accommodation and our independent villas is there are staff available to ensure you have cooked meals and enable your small 1 bedroom apartment is cleaned on a regular basis.
Are there Various Apartment Sizes at Russ Murray Lodge?
No. All apartments at Russ Murray Lodge are 1 bedroom apartments with your own separate lounge and kitchenette; and your own ensuite. All apartments have a patio so you can sit out in the fresh air and take in the view.
You are able however, to make your apartment your home and surround yourself with all your lovely mementos and things that you enjoy and want to retain to feel comfortable and as home as possible.
Can I Bring my Own Furniture for my Apartment
Absolutely. We encourage you to furnish your 1 bedroom apartment with any furniture you would like to have. However, please bear in mind it is a 1 bedroom apartment, so you will be unable to bring all your furniture from your previous home. In saying this we encourage you to bring the furniture that you love and assists you to feel at home and comfortable.
Is there a kitchen in my apartment?
Yes. There is a kitchenette with microwave and electric jug. You can also bring your own small fridge to fit the space so you can keep food items cool.
However you cannot bring a BBQ or a toaster to your apartment due to being a fire hazard. Also there is no stove top in the kitchenette for you to cook your own meals. Therefore, Inasmuch cook and supply your means which is part of the fortnightly fee you pay to us.
Is there a lift?
Yes, if your apartment is on the ground or third floors there is a lift so you have easy access to your apartment. This lift is very well maintained for the benefit of our residents. (Please Note: Level 2 is accessed via the front entry to the complex)
Can I Welcome Family & Visitors to my Apartment?
Absolutely. You are also welcome to utilise the common areas of Russ Murray Lodge i.e. lounge area and activities room (if available) to entertain your guests. All we ask is that your guests are respectful of other residents in the complex.
Are there any Organised Activities that I can participate in?
Yes there are. Please talk to our friendly staff and they will let you know what activities are happening and what time they are taking place. These activities change from time to time however do include outings and other fun stuff. Our staff are very proactive and want to ensure you enjoy life as much as possible. You can choose whether you prefer to participate or do your own thing. It's entirely up to you.
Is there any criteria I have to meet in order to obtain Assisted Living at Russ Murray Lodge?
Yes. There are 2 basic criteria in order to access assisted living at Russ Murray Lodge. There are:
- You must be reasonably independent and mobile and really only require basic assisted living services, i.e. cooking and cleaning.
- You must be able to take care of your own personal matters.
If you consider you meet these 2 criteria why not give our friendly staff a call and organise to inspect an apartment and discuss what your current and/or future accommodation needs are.
Is there a Waiting List to access a Russ Murray Lodge Apartment
No - at the time of writing (February 2016) we are not accepting registrations of interest from the community to purchase an apartment at Russ Murray Lodge.
Why is this so?
- Many of the Inasmuch Community Residents remain in their independent villas until they are at the stage of their lives that they require more high dependency care. Therefore go directly to high dependency care from their villas (or homes) and skip the assisted living step.
- Assisted living is not for everyone. Some people like the fact they have support with cooking and cleaning yet maintain a relatively independent lifestyle. Others like to be able to undertake these tasks themselves. Therefore, we at Inasmuch are able to offer the full range of aged care living. In this situation assisted living just might be the option you are looking for.
Can I Choose What Services are Provided to Me as part of Assisted Living
Yes you can. If you prefer to have your meals cooked, then this can be arranged. If you prefer to regularly clean your own apartment then we will respect your decision. However, regardless of what services you choose you will still be required to pay the same fortnightly fee to Inasmuch for the serviced apartment
Please talk to our friendly staff on what services and options may be available to you. We want your stay to be as enjoyable as possible. If you're a mad keen gardener, then we can support you to do this as well. Many of the residents of the Inasmuch Community participate in the community garden that has been established for everybody's enjoyment.
I have a Car – Is there a garage at Russ Murray Lodge
No. Speak to our friendly staff on where you are able to park your car.
Are there any Rules I must abide by?
Yes there are rules that have been developed in conjunction with residents. Please read these rules carefully because they have been developed not only so you can enjoy and relax in your home but also for other residents as well.
Do you have a Product Disclose Statement
Absolutely. Disclosure Statement - As At 28th January 2016
You can also access other relevant documents under the Resources/Inasmuch Documents section on this website.
Please ask our friendly staff to provide you with a complete information package so you can read everything at your leisure.
Is there a Cooling Off Period and if so, how long
Absolutely. We at Inasmuch want you to take your time and make an informed decision. By law you must be given 14 days to review the contract before signing. Once you have signed the contract by law, Inasmuch must give you at least 7 days cooling off period as long as you have not moved into premises within this time period.
During the cooling off period you are able to fully rescind the contract and any monies paid must be fully refunded to you. If you feel you require a longer length of time, please speak to our friendly staff to negotiate a mutually agreeable time frame.
We also encourage you to seek legal advice and talk to your accountant to ensure that you are fully informed of the contract's contents and legal rights and responsibilities prior to signing the contract.
There is also a settling in period which by law Inasmuch Community Incorporated must observe. This means that you are allowed to terminate your contract within the first 90 days of becoming entitled to occupy the premises. You are entitled to a refund of your in-going contribution (bond), however the timing of the refund is fully dependent on the type of contract you signed.
Departure fees are not payable, however you will have to pay an administration fee, plus costs of any repairs if you damage the property beyond fair wear and tea.
You can obtain more information from the NSW Department of Fair trading website
Also refer to the NSW Dept of Fair Trading - Moving into a Retirement Village for more information on your rights and responsibilities.
Can Inasmuch Community Inc. request I leave the retirement village against my will? Do they have the legal right to do so; and if so, what are my rights in this situation?
- However Inasmuch must observe a due process i.e. submit documents to the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal. You can refer to their website for more information on the process the Tribunal takes and what your rights are under this type of situation.
- If you are in breach of the village rules, as outlined in the Residents Handbook, Inasmuch has the right to request you to leave. You do have the right to appeal to the Tribunal to settle the matter.