Inasmuch is a Registered Charity
Inasmuch Community Limited primarily works in the Aged Care Sector. As a registered charity, the organisation is able to fundraise and collect donations from the Australian community.
Our Registered Charity Number is:
Inasmuch also holds DGR (Deductible Gift Recipient) status approved by the ATO - Australian Taxation Office. What does this mean:
- All donations over $2 is tax deductible. You will be issued with a receipt, and when you submit your tax return you are able to claim your donation as a deduction.
Specific Purpose Donations:
- If you would like to make a donation and want to specify how the organisation can use this donation - you are able to do so. The organisation as a registered charity is then duty bound by its registered charity status to spend the donation only as you have specified.
General Purpose Donations:
- General purpose donations are donations where donors have not specified how the donation is to be used and the organisation allocates these dollars to best use.
- However, as a registered charity, the organisation is legally bound to adhere to what is called the 50/50 rule.
What is the 50/50 Rule:
- The 50/50 rule is that 50% of donations raised MUST be used for the specific purpose the fundraising activity is actively promoted to the public.
- The remaining 50% can be allocated towards the administration costs of hosting the fundraising activity. HOWEVER
- Best practice is that more than 80% is used for the specific purpose and less than 20% is allocated towards fundraising administration costs.
You can be rest assured Inasmuch practices what it preaches. Your donations are a privilege to receive and we will allocate these donations to further the activities and care provided to the residents of Inasmuch Community.
How you can donate to Inasmuch
- Drop into the Inasmuch administration office and the friendly administration staff will issue you with a receipt then and there.
- Post your donation via Snail Mail to PO Box 6024, Sussex Inlet NSW 2540
- Attend fundraising events hosted by the Friends of Inasmuch - see Resources section / events page for upcoming events
- Visit the Inasmuch Op Shop in Jacobs Drive, Sussex Inlet (opposite the RSL Club) and buy a pre-loved item.
- Become a Inasmuch Volunteer by donating some of your time to Inasmuch either on a regular basis or when you have time available.
- Leave a bequest in your will.